Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Got it Built (sort of)


So, I've transferred almost everything from the old hardtail to the Morewood frame. Rebuilt the fork and set it out to 120mm so using that for the time being. Got it out for a couple of rides. My nearest trails are still in rough shape after Irma and the pigs have done some damage so the initial shakedown cruise was difficult and not very telling.

Sunday I was able to get out to some much nicer trails and really give this thing a go. Even with the barely adequate fork this bike talks to me. Usually, it says things like "why so slow" and "Dude! Leave off the brakes, I coulda railed that."

For now I'm still building confidence in how this thing rides and feels and just what it can do. There's a Reba RL on it's way to me, and a lot more learning and riding and fun ahead. I'm liking this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment